The Super Bowl is upon us! Party spreads can be pretty intimidating when you’re trying to eat clean, so it’s nice to see a few things you can actually feel good about eating. The easiest way to ensure that is to bring snacks yourself. We have several options that would be great choices for your contributions to this weekend’s festivities. (And your friends won’t even know they’re healthy!)
Protein Cheesecake: Consider cutting the final product into squares instead of slices to make them more party-friendly. You could also make them in muffin tins or mini-muffin tins, just be sure to adjust the cooking time. Pair with fresh berries and some whipped cream so everyone can dress their own cheesecake bites.
Buffalo Chicken Dip: I seriously can’t tell you HOW GOOD this stuff is. If you haven’t tried it yet, this weekend is your perfect opportunity. Prep takes about 0 minutes and it’s delicious. Serve with fresh veggies and/or pork rinds to dip.
Clean, Healthy Chocolate Fudge: A plate of this would look absolutely decadent, but be relatively guilt-free.
**NEW** Jalapeño Pimento Cheese: There’s a bonus recipe for you that would be a perfect party food. After spending a weekend in Charlotte with my newly-Southern best friend, I learned about spicy pimento cheese. One of my first orders of business when I got home was to recreate it and I’m so pleased with the result. If you’re Super Bowling with me this year, this is what I’ll be bringing (unless I eat it all before then!).
- 8oz 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (I shredded my own)
- 4oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (same as above)
- 8 oz greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1 4oz jar Pimentos, drained
- 1 tbsp. diced Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 tbsp. juice from Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- lime juice
- Smoked Paprika (if you can find it, if not, regular paprika works too)
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Stir everything together!
- Add a generous squeeze of lime juice.
- Use paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste. I used probably 1/2 tsp of paprika and 1/8 tsp of chili powder.
Serve with fresh veggies, baked cheese slices, or pork rinds. It's also awesome rolled up in ham slices. If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math on MFP: MyMacroTools Pimento Cheese.
Thanks to Southern Living for the original recipe: http://www.southernliving.com/food/healthy-light/pimiento-cheese-recipes
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!