Fudge, ya’ll. Clean, healthy chocolate fudge. Some people think eating well is a game of self-deprivation. You know we are not about that life over here at MacroEd. We’re about eating well and enjoying food. We just tweak the living daylights out of the recipes so they’re both delicious AND macro-friendly. So, that’s just what we did with this chocolate protein fudge. It’s. Amazing.
I served it at a dinner party to normal people…you know, your friends who aren’t macro-counting weirdos like you, and it went over with them too. It’s also officially endorsed by my two toddlers. They tried it before I could even get it out of the food processor and both asked for more. Since it’s literally avocado, dates, protein powder, and cocoa, I don’t mind feeding that to them whenever they’d like it. I KNOW you’ll love it!
- 2 avocados
- 1.5 C dates
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops of 1st Phorm Vanilla Protein (I used Level 1 Vanilla Ice Cream)
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp of salt and more to sprinkle on top at the end
- Dice dates (or buy them chopped)
- Add 1 C of the dates, cocoa, and protein powder to a food processor. (I use a Ninja)
- Blend for what seems like forever. It'll still be powdery at this point and that's okay.
- Add the rest of the dates and blend some more.
- When you feel like it's mixed well, add the avocados. (I just half mine, remove the pit, and squeeze the good parts into the mixer then discard the skin...they don't need to be diced or anything fancy).
- Blend again. You'll likely need to use a spatula to push down the ingredients stuck to the walls of the processor a few times. Keep blending until it all seems incorporated. Remove the blade. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- It is like an arm workout to get this stuff out of the food processor because it's so thick. (Bonus: accidental exercise!) Spread it into a small greased pan or dish. I used a 9x6 maybe? Sprinkle course (if you have it) salt over top and slice into 30 pieces. They're small. But it's fudge. 🙂 Keep stored in freezer (but transfer to air-tight container when you can).
If you make it as-written, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Chocolate Protein Fudge
Big thanks to iFoodReal for the original recipe: http://ifoodreal.com/easy-no-bake-protein-fudge-recipe/
If you need a food processor, this is the one I have:
And if you need protein powder, grab it here and get free shipping: 1stphorm.com/a/msnutritionist
Post contains affiliate links, but not of anything I don’t already own and love in my own home.
All the best,
If you love this, try our Peanut Butter Fudge Fat Bombs!
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Want to take your macros to the next level with our 12-week challenge? Get registered!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!