My friends joke about how much soup I make and how much I love it. It’s kinda my thing. 🙂 So don’t be surprised when this blog starts looking like a database of awesome soups…it’s going to happen!
Today’s is my momma’s Taco Soup. It also appears in the Freezer Cooking post from yesterday, but I wanted to give you the recipe on its own so you can try it before you commit to having a bunch in your freezer. So, here goes:
- 1 portion prepared ground beef
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 200 g onion, diced
- 100 g bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 packet dry ranch mix
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 Tb cilantro, chopped
- Turn IP to Sauté and add cooked ground beef, garlic, onion and peppers and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add everything else, stir, close lid, set valve to Seal, and cook on Soup or 30 mins manual high.
- Add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings to crockpot, and mix well.
- Add everything else and additional water to your desired consistency (approx 1-2 cups). Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- In a soup pot, saute garlic, onion and peppers with the cooked ground beef for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings, and mix well.
- Add everything else and additional water to your desired consistency (approx 1-2 cups).
- Simmer until heated through.
Gluten Free: Check the ingredients in your ranch mix and seasoning.
Dairy Free: As above!
Vegetarian: Not today.
MFP Listing: MacroEd Taco Soup
Once everyone is making their own taco seasoning, those carbs will come down some. There are carby thickening agents (and a ton of sodium and other weird things) in the store-bought kind that are affecting the numbers. I’m planning a seasoning post soon so we can stock your kitchen with healthier versions of the store-bought stuff. Then we’ll update the macros in recipes like this.
Anyways, I hope you love the taco soup. My family does. If you make it, please leave a comment and tell me what you think!
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!