My friends joke about how much soup I make and how much I love it. It’s kinda my thing. 🙂 So don’t be surprised when this blog starts looking like a database of awesome soups…it’s going to happen!
Today’s is my momma’s Taco Soup. It also appears in the Freezer Cooking post from yesterday, but I wanted to give you the recipe on its own so you can try it before you commit to having a bunch in your freezer. So, here goes:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 large (200g) onion, diced
- 1 medium (100g) bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 packet (or 1 tbsp) dry ranch mix
- 1 packet (or 2 tbsp) taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can chili beans
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz small can tomato paste
- 2 Tb cilantro, chopped
- water to desired consistency (I used 3-4 C)
- Turn IP to Sauté cook ground beef. When beef is cooked, add garlic, onion and peppers and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Add everything else plus water to desired consistency (I used about 3 C), stir, close lid, set valve to Seal, and pressure cook for 20 mins.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef.
- Then, in the crockpot add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings to crockpot, and mix well.
- Add everything else including browned beef to the crockpot.
- Add additional water to your desired consistency (approx 3-4 cups). Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef. Then add garlic, onion and peppers with the cooked ground beef and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings, and mix well.
- Add everything else and additional water to your desired consistency (approx 1-2 cups).
- Simmer until soup is heated through and veggies are tender.
Gluten Free: Check the ingredients in your ranch mix and seasoning.
Dairy Free: As above!
Vegetarian: Not today.
MFP Listing: MacroEd Taco Soup
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 10gCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 27g
Anyways, I hope you love the taco soup. My family does. If you make it, please leave a comment and tell me what you think!
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
[…] with me. All of these basic seasonings have already been featured in recipes on the blog like Taco Soup, Cheeseburger Pie, and Buffalo Chicken […]