My friends joke about how much soup I make and how much I love it. It’s kinda my thing. 🙂 So don’t be surprised when this blog starts looking like a database of awesome soups…it’s going to happen!
Today’s is my momma’s Taco Soup. It also appears in the Freezer Cooking post from yesterday, but I wanted to give you the recipe on its own so you can try it before you commit to having a bunch in your freezer. So, here goes:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 large (200g) onion, diced
- 1 medium (100g) bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 packet (or 1 tbsp) dry ranch mix
- 1 packet (or 2 tbsp) taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can chili beans
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz small can tomato paste
- 2 Tb cilantro, chopped
- water to desired consistency (I used 3-4 C)
- Turn IP to Sauté cook ground beef. When beef is cooked, add garlic, onion and peppers and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Add everything else plus water to desired consistency (I used about 3 C), stir, close lid, set valve to Seal, and pressure cook for 20 mins.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef.
- Then, in the crockpot add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings to crockpot, and mix well.
- Add everything else including browned beef to the crockpot.
- Add additional water to your desired consistency (approx 3-4 cups). Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef. Then add garlic, onion and peppers with the cooked ground beef and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, taco, and ranch seasonings, and mix well.
- Add everything else and additional water to your desired consistency (approx 1-2 cups).
- Simmer until soup is heated through and veggies are tender.
Gluten Free: Check the ingredients in your ranch mix and seasoning.
Dairy Free: As above!
Vegetarian: Not today.
MFP Listing: MacroEd Taco Soup
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280 Total Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 27g
Anyways, I hope you love the taco soup. My family does. If you make it, please leave a comment and tell me what you think!
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!