The combination of maple + bacon make EVERYTHING better. Even brussels sprouts! This quick, easy recipe is a healthy way to actually ENJOY sprouts. Just try it! You’ll see.
If you want my attention, start a recipe with “maple bacon.” I’m in! I don’t care if it’s meat, vegetable, cupcake, whatever. I think maple syrup and bacon are like peanut butter and jelly: a total match made in heaven. They come together deliciously in this easy brussels sprouts dish.
Anytime someone tells me they “hate brussels sprouts,” I take it as a challenge and come at them with this recipe. So far, I’ve been able to convert EVERYONE who has tried it. This combo is THAT good. So, you should be eating maple bacon brussels sprouts. Let me show you how.
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 can (1 4/5 cups) diced tomatoes (I prefer no salt added)
- 1 package (10 tbsp.) real crumbled bacon (I've used Hormel or Aldi's Tuscan Garden)
- 1 tbsp. REAL maple syrup (read your labels)
- Chop sprouts in half or quarters (depending on the size) to make them bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add sprouts. Stir to coat.
- Sauté for 5ish minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Add tomatoes and bacon. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook until sprouts reach desired tenderness. (Test on the largest one in the skillet. It should be almost tender.)
- Add the maple syrup when sprouts are finished. Mix well to coat.
- Divide into 6 servings immediately to keep your macros even.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 5ggCarbohydrates: 19ggProtein: 10gg