Key Lime Pie is summer in dessert form. Thanks to this low carb, high protein Key Lime Protein Cheesecake, it’s also totally on the list of delicious AND nutritious treats you can feel good about enjoying.
It’s well-documented that we are lovers of the protein cheesecakes around here. After all of the pizza recipes, protein cheesecakes are our next most frequent hacks.
We originally made this with Level 1 Vanilla Protein because 1st Phorm didn’t have Key Lime at the time, but now they doooooo. So, make as-is with Vanilla or really ramp up the amazing lime flavor by using Key Lime Level 1! And if you can’t find Greek yogurt cream cheese, don’t sweat it. Just use the regular.
As with all cheesecakes, I top with a little whipped cream to finish it off. I KNOW you’re going to love this one!
- 16 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 11 oz plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 limes, freshly squeezed, plus zest of 1 lime (or use bottled lime juice)
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Dash of salt
- Optional Toppings (not included in macros):
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Let the cream cheese, yogurt, and eggs come to room temperature.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, cream the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the yogurt, lime juice, milk, eggs, salt, and lime zest if you are using fresh limes.
- Continue mixing until fully blended or for about 3 minutes.
- Add the protein powder a little at a time.
- Scrape the sides and mix for an additional 3 minutes until smooth and creamy (the longer the better).
- Pour into a greased 8x8 glass dish or a springform cheesecake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Turn the temperature down to 200 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool on the counter for 30–60 minutes, then cool in the refrigerator until fully set or overnight.
**Avoid overbaking by not opening the oven too many times. The cheesecake is usually done when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. It will be soft in the center but continue to set as it cools. Be patient, my loves.**
Dairy Free: Not this time.
Gluten Free: Yes!
Vegetarian: All day long.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232 Total Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 26g
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!