I’ll tell you a secret: I’m writing to you from sunny Mexico right now. 🙂 My husband and I are on a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary and it’s GORGEOUS here. My understanding is that back home y’all have had your first snow. I love snow…and soup…and hot cocoa…and all the cold weather stuff, but I’m also enjoying the sun, sand, and Mexican food right now.
Luckily for all of us, Amber put together a Mexican soup recipe that’s out of this world. I’m excited to share it this morning so I can bring you all along on my trip and you’ll be excited to make it because it sounds like it’s soup weather for a lot of you. Win-win. Thanks, Amber, for the best of both worlds!
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (I prefer to cut these into smaller pieces to make sure they cook evenly)
- 8 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1 jar Herdez Salsa Verde (16 ounces)
- 1 – 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 100 grams diced onion
- 2 Bell Peppers any color (I used yellow & orange for the color)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or two bouillon cubes and 2 cups of water)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp white ground pepper (black pepper works if that's all you have)
- Dash of salt
- Dump all the things into the crockpot. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours. Ta da!
- Dump all the things into the pressure cooker.
- Set on manual high for 20 mins.
- NPR for 10 mins.
- Cook the chicken & cut into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion & peppers in one tablespoon of olive oil. Then transfer the chicken, onions, & peppers to a soup pot.
- Add all the other ingredients bring to a boil then simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- Please note…If you cook it on the stove your fat grams will increase by 10 for the entire recipe.
If you make it as-is, feel free to borrow my math on MFP: MacroEd Salsa Verde Chicken Chili
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: approx 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 38g
Excited to hear what you think of this. It’s first on my to-make list when I get home so I can extend the holiday a little longer. Sending warm, sunny wishes, friends. See you soon!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!