There is something so satisfying about a one-pot meal of roast and veggies. It reminds me of meals my grandma would make, and that’s ALWAYS a nice feeling. Now that I have an InstantPot version of Pot Roast and Veggies, I can make it on a moment’s notice. I think your family with LOVE this addition to your regular rotation.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 400g carrots (either baby or peeled and cut into 3 inch pieces) (approx 1 small bag or half of a large bag)
- 665g sweet potatoes, washed and quartered (approx 4 sweet potatoes)
- 210g onions, quartered (approx 1 large onion)
- 1 tbsp Dale's low sodium seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tbsp dry onion soup mix (I make my own)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Optional: 1 can Cream of Whatever soup (or canned cream soup of your choice)
- Turn on Sauté. Add garlic, butter, and onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Cut roast in half and sear all sides. Turn off. Add trivet and put meat on trivet. Mix seasonings and sauces in a bowl (smush up the bouillon cubes) and pour over meat. Add 1 C water. Manual high 25 mins. NR for 10 mins. Add veggies. Manual high for 5-10 mins. NR for 10 mins.
- Add veggies to the bottom of the pot. Then meat on top. Mix seasonings and sauces in a bowl (smush up the bouillon cubes) and pour over meat. Cook on high for 3-4 hrs or on low for 6-8. It's done when the meat falls apart with a fork.
- You can add a can of cream of whatever soup to the seasonings and sauces if you'd like to have gravy with it. (I make my own)
- Trim roast and discard as much fat as you can. Divide into 8 servings immediately. I always ladle some of the au jus it creates into the storage containers to keep it from drying out.
If you make as-written, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Roast, Sweet Potatoes, & Carrots
If you like this recipe, we think you’ll LOVE the recipes in our FREE InstantPot 101 book! Sign up here and we’ll send it right over. You’ll be an IP Pro in no time!
Gluten Free: If your seasonings and cream soup are gluten free, you’re good. Choose those carefully.
Vegetarian: Not today.
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!