Seafood is an often unsung hero in the macro world. It’s quick and easy to prepare, tastes great, and is so kind on the macros. This Italian Tilapia recipe is a perfect (not to mention delicious) way to add more seafood into your diet. Ready in 15 minutes, this is a MUST-try for your busy schedule.
I’m not gonna lie to you: When planning my weekly menus (and YOUR weekly menus…shout out to my meal plan friends!), I often try to choose one meat that I can prep ahead and use 11ty billion ways. Seafood doesn’t fit that bill because it usually doesn’t reheat well and it’s not quite as easy to flip into a million different recipes as ground beef or chicken would be. So, unfortunately, I don’t reach for seafood recipes NEARLY as much as I should.
But that’s mega lame and this recipe was a HUGE wake up call that my world needs more seafood. Heck, maybe the whole world needs more seafood. So, this is me doing my part to share the fishy love with a delicious, stupid-easy, macro-friendly recipe that I KNOW you will love.
- 6 6oz tilapia filets (or 36oz total, however you wanna do it)
- ¼ C pesto
- ½ C shredded parmesan (the real kind from the fridge, not the powdery kind)
- 1 C grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- salt & pepper
- Turn oven to “broil.”
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pat the fish down with paper towels.
- Spray the foil-lined baking sheet with oil and place filets on the sheet.
- Sprinkle parm on the filets evenly.
- Broil for 10-11 mins or until fish is cooked through (translucent and flakey) and cheese is browned and awesome.
- Top with pesto, tomatoes, lemon juice, butter, salt & pepper.
- It’ll feel fancy and difficult even though it’s the easiest thing since drive-thru.
Vegetarian: Not this time.
Gluten Free: Absolutely! Watch your pesto. It's the only place where gluten may hide.
Dairy Free: Can be if you skip the parm.
If you made as-written, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Italian Tilapia
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!