Cool, creamy, protein-rich Yogurt Bark makes a GREAT snack. Keep some in the freezer for when you need a sweet pick-me-up. This low carb recipe is both kid-friendly (so easy you can trust them to handle it) and kid-approved. My littles LOVE “decorating” the bark with their favorite toppings. Berries and chocolate are only the beginning. What combinations will you create?
Quick & Portable High Protein Snack
I don’t know about where you are, but it is HOT here in West Virginia. We’re spending as much time as possible outside, with friends, at the lake, in the camper, in the backyard, and anywhere else where we can soak up every second of summer fun as a family. As much as I love cooking amazing things for my family, right now the priority is on what is quick and portable. That’s where this Yogurt Bark recipe was born. It’s fast, easy, portable, and can be put together with my kids as a fun, quick project. It’s a summer win by all accounts.
Yogurt Bark Mix-In Ideas
Feel free to mix up your mix ins (see what I did there?). For this one, we used 1st Phorm’s vanilla Level 1, but you can use ANYTHING. Then brainstorm what fun mix ins would fit with your yogurt base. Here are a few combos we have tried or want to try:
- German Chocolate Level 1 + mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and unsweetened shredded coconut
- Lemon Meringue Phormula 1 by itself or with lemon zest sprinkled on top
- Caramel Latte Level 1 + mini chocolate chips
- Ice Cream Sandwich Level 1 + crumbled Oreo thins
- Chocolate Level 1 or Phormula 1 + berries
- Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Level 1 or Chocolate Mint Cookie Phormula
- 1 + crushed Thin Mints (I’m talking like 1-2 for the batch…don’t get wild) 😉
- Strawberry Level 1 or Phormula 1 + berries and/or mini chocolate chips
- Cinnamon Cookie Batter Level 1 or CTC Phormula 1 + cinnamon chips and/or drizzle of maple syrup
- Cherry Lime Phormula 1 + chopped cherries and/or lime zest
- Fruit Punch Phormula 1 + lime zest
- Juicy Watermelon or Loop D Fruit Phormula 1 just as is
- Root Beer Float Phormula 1 as is
- 2 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I’ve used vanilla, chocolate, and mint for this and liked them
- all…all 1st Phorm, of course)
- ½ C strawberries, diced really small
- ¼ C chocolate chips
- Optional: shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Line a baking sheet w/ parchment paper.
- Stir together yogurt and protein then spread it in an even layer on the backing sheet. You want it around
- ¼ in thick.
- Sprinkle diced strawberries and chocolate chips over the top. (and coconut if you’re using it)
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hours or overnight until solid.
- Bust it up w/ a knife
Gluten Free: Absolutely! All 1st Phorm flavors EXCEPT the Ice Cream Sandwich varieties are GF.
Dairy Free: Not with this one.
If you made as-written, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Yogurt Bark
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 2gCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 8g
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
More Sweet Snack Ideas
You’ll find more success if you have sweet snacks that are high protein and low carb. Here are some to have on hand.