Asian Lettuce Wraps
I’ve never eaten at PF Changs, and I’ve never ordered lettuce wraps anywhere. So when my friend Laura asked me to replicate PF Changs’ lettuce wraps, I felt completely unqualified. Thankfully a recipe already existed that I was able to do my Ashley macro thing to so that I could share it with you, and it totally worked. Check out these Asian Lettuce Wraps!
- 2.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 150g onion, diced (or 1 medium)
- 120g celery, diced (or 3 stalks)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. Housin sauce (I highly recommend Kikkoman brand)
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha, to taste
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger (I use the squeezey kind from the produce section...it keeps really well)
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix (425g of shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, & pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey.
- When turkey is cooked about half way, add celery.
- Add all sauces and ginger.
- Mix well and cook to heat.
- Decorate with green onions.
As always, if you make them as-written, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Crack Slaw
Just as a head’s up, stick with Kikkoman brand Hoisin sauce and butter lettuce leaves. A friend tested this with alternatives to those after having had mine and said they don’t work as well. So do it as-written to get the best result.
Big thanks to Laura for the suggestion and Damn Delicious for the recipe inspiration. Recipe adapted from here: http://damndelicious.net/2014/05/30/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
A million thank yous!!!
Any time, chica! Thanks for the suggestion!
When do you put ginger and green onion in?
Thanks for asking. I’ll correct the recipe. Ginger goes in with the sauces once the meat is browned. Green onions get sprinkled on when you’re ready to serve. 🙂
These are SO GOOD! Very close to PF Changs. I didn’t have water chestnuts, but the wraps were still very tasty – and easy to make. Thank you!
[…] new recipes: one for something called “crack chicken” and another was a tweak of my own Asian Lettuce Wraps. Upon posting a teaser pic on IG, someone guessed it was “crack slaw.” I had never […]