I’ve never eaten at PF Changs, and I’ve never ordered lettuce wraps anywhere. So when my friend Laura asked me to replicate PF Changs’ lettuce wraps, I felt completely unqualified. Thankfully a recipe already existed that I was able to do my Ashley macro thing to so that I could share it with you, and it totally worked. Check out these Asian Lettuce Wraps!
- 2.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 150g onion, diced (or 1 medium)
- 120g celery, diced (or 3 stalks)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. Housin sauce (I highly recommend Kikkoman brand)
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha, to taste
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger (I use the squeezey kind from the produce section...it keeps really well)
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix (425g of shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, & pepper.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey.
- When turkey is cooked about half way, add celery.
- Add all sauces and ginger.
- Mix well and cook to heat.
- Decorate with green onions.
As always, if you make them as-written, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Crack Slaw
Just as a head’s up, stick with Kikkoman brand Hoisin sauce and butter lettuce leaves. A friend tested this with alternatives to those after having had mine and said they don’t work as well. So do it as-written to get the best result.
Big thanks to Laura for the suggestion and Damn Delicious for the recipe inspiration. Recipe adapted from here: http://damndelicious.net/2014/05/30/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!