This flavorful take on chicken thighs will quickly become a go-to for your family. This low carb recipe is as easy as it is delicious. Add it to your cookout plans for this weekend.
Chimichurri sauce is like the BBQ sauce of South America (both Southerns and South Americans just disowned me, but I’m serious!)
You know how you can throw BBQ sauce on EVERYTHING and it makes it more flavorful, tender, and moist? Chimichurri sauce is the same way. It’s awesome on chicken, fish, and even steak.
If you haven’t tried chimichurri on anything yet, think of it like your new favorite BBQ. Use some of it for a marinade and set aside some extra to drizzle on after your meat is cooked. It works in baked dishes or those that are grilled like our Chimichurri Thighs.
One round with this and you’re going to be keeping chimichurri sauce on standby at all times.
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs onions, minced
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Throw everything EXCEPT the chicken and olive oil into a food processor (Ninja going down over here). Pulse until mixed well, then slowly pour in a little olive oil at a time to get the consistency you want. (I’ll be using all of it because I hate to waste a macro.) Try to keep it chunky-ish instead of super smooth and overly blended.
- Throw 1/3 of the chimichurri sauce in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and add chicken thighs (you may need two bags for this).
- Marinate as long as you can (20 minutes is good, overnight is better; any longer and it’ll get mushy).
- When ready to cook, fire up the grill to medium heat.
- Grill for about 4–6 minutes per side until chicken is done (juices run clear, insides are no longer pink).
- Add remaining chimichurri as sauce on top of chicken.
Gluten Free: Absolutely!
Dairy Free: Yep!
Vegetarian: No, but you can definitely use this sauce on veggies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 17gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 41g