Chicken salad is one of the easiest vehicles for lots of protein…the only problem is that traditional chicken salad also carries a LOT of fat. There’s no cool way to get around the fat in mayo. Reduced fat mayo is pumped with weird stuff to offset the fat, so this recipe just does without it all together. And it’s REALLY good. I bet you won’t notice the switch.
- 2.25 lb cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts; I make mine w/ 2.5 lbs of uncooked chicken and do it Weekly Chicken style, but you can use pre-cooked from the store or make your own
- 100g diced red onion (about 1/2 of a large onion)
- 150g diced celery (about 5 stalks)
- 175g halved red seedless grapes (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1 C plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop and dice chicken, celery, onions, grapes, and walnuts.
- Generously salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix greek yogurt, vinegar, and maple syrup until well combined.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
- Divide into 8 even portions to keep macro straight.
As always, if you make it as-written, you're welcome to borrow my math in MFP. Search for: MyMacroTools Chicken Salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257 Total Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 12g Protein: 32g
Big thanks to SkinnyMom.com for the jumping off point. https://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-chicken-salad/
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!