Sometimes the coolest things come out of the weirdest mistakes. This AMAZING protein pumpkin donut recipe is one such situation.
While making pumpkin donuts was on my list, what I intended to do was to make pumpkin muffins. I preheated the oven, stirred up the batter, and went to get my muffin tin only to find I didn’t have a muffin tin. I think I tossed it out in a fit of fury after not greasing a batch of Egg Cups well enough, but I’m not sure. Either way, I had muffin batter and no muffin tin…but I did have a donut pan. Thus were born these fantastic Protein Pumpkin Muffins.
And now, on to the recipe!
- 6 eggs
- 3 scoops 1st Phorm Cinnamon Cookie Batter Protein (or sub in your favorite cinnamon or vanilla protein powder) (approx. 1/2 C)
- 6 tbsp. canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Honey Pecan spread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together eggs, pumpkin, coconut flour, and protein powder until well-combined. I used a spatula but you could do it in a mixer if you wanted to.
- Add all other ingredients. Don't trip out if the baking soda and vinegar react when you add them. Just stir it up.
- Grease a 6-well donut pan.
- Fill each well. (I used my hands on this because it doesn't really pour like batter...just make it work).
- Bake for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clear.
- Top with 1 tbsp. of cream cheese spread for each donut. (or more, but adjust your macros accordingly)
Gluten Free: 1st Phorm Vanilla is gluten free, but Cinnamon Cookie Batter may not be (I don't see any gluten-y stuff but it's not marked GF either). Watch the cream cheese spread or make your own.
Vegetarian: Got ya covered
Feel free to use my macro math in MFP: MacroEd Pumpkin Donut
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 donut + 1 tbsp cream cheese
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 14gCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 21g
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!