Sometimes the coolest things come out of the weirdest mistakes. This AMAZING protein pumpkin donut recipe is one such situation.
While making pumpkin donuts was on my list, what I intended to do was to make pumpkin muffins. I preheated the oven, stirred up the batter, and went to get my muffin tin only to find I didn’t have a muffin tin. I think I tossed it out in a fit of fury after not greasing a batch of Egg Cups well enough, but I’m not sure. Either way, I had muffin batter and no muffin tin…but I did have a donut pan. Thus were born these fantastic Protein Pumpkin Muffins.
And now, on to the recipe!
- 6 eggs
- 3 scoops 1st Phorm Cinnamon Cookie Batter Protein (or sub in your favorite cinnamon or vanilla protein powder) (approx. 1/2 C)
- 6 tbsp. canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Honey Pecan spread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together eggs, pumpkin, coconut flour, and protein powder until well-combined. I used a spatula but you could do it in a mixer if you wanted to.
- Add all other ingredients. Don't trip out if the baking soda and vinegar react when you add them. Just stir it up.
- Grease a 6-well donut pan.
- Fill each well. (I used my hands on this because it doesn't really pour like batter...just make it work).
- Bake for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clear.
- Top with 1 tbsp. of cream cheese spread for each donut. (or more, but adjust your macros accordingly)
Gluten Free: 1st Phorm Vanilla is gluten free, but Cinnamon Cookie Batter may not be (I don't see any gluten-y stuff but it's not marked GF either). Watch the cream cheese spread or make your own.
Vegetarian: Got ya covered
Feel free to use my macro math in MFP: MacroEd Pumpkin Donut
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 donut + 1 tbsp cream cheese
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 14gCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 21g
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!