The secret to eating well: make the food taste so good that you don’t notice. This Jalapeño Popper Casserole is one of those recipes that is so delicious. The amazing macros are just a fortunate side effect. Feel comfortable serving this to your friends who don’t know a macro from a marker. They’ll still love it and only you will know how secretly healthy it is.
Casseroles are busy people’s secret weapons. They come together quickly, taste great and aren’t fussy.
Salads have 15 different elements. Some need to be stored or heated separately from others. Casseroles are just the opposite. It’s pretty much like, “Here’s everything awesome that you want in one easy, compact dish.” How can you not love and appreciate that?!
What’s even better about this Jalapeño Popper Casserole is that it’s a familiar taste. You’ll imagine yourself popping those fun stuffed pepper appetizers that you’ve always loved but instead of deep-fried breaded nonsense, you’re getting nearly 50g of protein and only 6g of carbs. Winner, winner chicken dinner.
- ½ of your weekly chicken from this week OR 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz greek yogurt cream cheese (normal cream cheese is fine, the macros just aren’t quite as friendly)
- ½ C plain greek yogurt
- ½ C mayo (I’m an olive oil mayo girl, myself; try to avoid the stuff made w/ vegetable oil b/c Jeremy says so)
- 3 oz bacon crumbles (I get the stuff from the salad section) OR 3 oz bacon slices to wrap around the chicken breasts if you go that route
- ¼-½ C fresh jalapeños, seeded and diced (you can use the ones in the jar or you can use poblanos if you want something a little less hot...I’m using poblanos, myself #pansy)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ C cheddar, shredded
- If you made weekly chicken, grab it. If not, cook 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, yogurt, bacon, jalapeños, and garlic powder. Once that’s blended well, stir in chicken.
- Grease a 9x13 glass pan. Add the mixture.
- Top with shredded cheddar and a few optional pepper rings to make it cute.
- Bake for 35 mins or until bubbly. Consider broiling for the last 2-3 mins.
Vegetarian: Not this time.
Gluten Free: Should be.
Dairy Free: This one is difficult because the cheese and cream cheese make it magical.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 21gCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 49g
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!