Healthy + pizza?! It really is a thing. A wonderful, wonderful thing. You’ll love our low carb macro-friendly OMG Pizza recipe for your next pizza night!
Seriously, clear your calendar for Friday night. THIS pizza is what you’re going to want to be doing for your end-of-the-week pizza party (unless you’re cool and have a social life, in which case, get down with your bad self and enjoy some pizza another day). 😉 We had this for our family party on Friday night and my girls had already specifically requested it again by Wednesday. It really is THAT good.
We know pizza is it’s own food group for a lot of you. We FEEL you on that. One of the first things people say regarding why they can’t possibly adopt a healthier lifestyle is, “I could never give up pizza!”
Listen, homie, ME NEITHER! And the great news is, you don’t have to. We’ve covered LOTS of pizza recipes in the past, but this one is our favorite. We’re a little bit like Bubba Gump and his shrimp when you get us started on our love affair with pizza.
Big props to Melody for suggesting this and Amber for testing it out.
Also thanks to Mandi for sharing her pizza sauce recipe and getting the wheels turning for this.
And to whatever genius came up with this crust idea in the first place.
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
- Pizza Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tbsp. greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- For crust:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put mozzarella and Parmesan in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Heat for 30 seconds more.
- Add everything else and mix well. If it becomes difficult to mix, microwave again for a few seconds and it'll loosen up.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper on your baking surface (I used a pizza stone. A cookie sheet will also work).
- Put the crust on the parchment and cover with a second sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll out between the sheets of parchment until it resembles a pizza crust.
- Remove top sheet of paper.
- Flip crust onto baking surface and remove second sheet of paper.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until it starts to brown. While it's baking, make your sauce.
- Add sauce, toppings, and cheese of your choice.
- Turn oven to BROIL and cook for 2-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- For sauce:
- While pizza crust is baking, mix paste, sauce, and Italian seasoning together. This will likely be more than you need for one pizza. Use the rest for dipping sauce or store in fridge in a Tupperware for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1/4 crust ; 1/8 sauce Serving Size: 1 crust; 2 sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: crust: 267 / sauce:25Total Fat: crust:19 sauce:0gCarbohydrates: crust:6 sauce:6gProtein: crust:18 sauce:1g
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!