Sometimes you just need something quick, hearty, and delicious. For those times, the Italian Sausage Skillet is just the ticket. It’s a no-nonsense, super-quick, really popular recipe that reheats particularly well.
Freezer Meal/Double Batch Option
This recipe also freezes well, so if you’re up for a little prep fun, buy enough for a double batch.
Chop veggies and sausage for both then add half to a gallon-sized freezer bag with the Italian seasoning (so, everything except the olive oil goes in the bag).
Squeeze out all the air and lay flat in your freezer.
Label w/ the directions “Thaw, sauté with 2 tbsp olive oil, top with parmesan.”
Then you’ll prepare the other half as stated on the recipe.
You’ll have a quick dinner for now and a quicker one for later.
**High five, you meal prep boss!**
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
- 2 12 oz packages mild Italian chicken sausage, sliced into 1 in rounds (I used the Kirkwood kind from Aldi)
- 150g or one medium onion, diced
- 20g or two medium garlic, minced
- 300g or two medium bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 500g or two large tomatoes, large diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- shredded parmesan (totally optional)
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, seasoning, and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- When onions begin to become translucent (about 5 mins), add sliced sausages and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook until peppers are tender (about 5 more mins).
- If desired, sprinkle w/ parm before serving.
- Why do we call it serving? I'm not serving anyone. *before EATING 😉
Vegetarian: It just ends up as Italian veggies, but they're delish, so skip the sausage and make it happen.
Gluten Free: Be sure to pick up GF sausage (most should be) and you're golden, babe.
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Italian Sausage Skillet.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 325g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286 Total Fat: 16g Carbohydrates: 12g Protein: 25g
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!