Sometimes you just need something quick, hearty, and delicious. For those times, the Italian Sausage Skillet is just the ticket. It’s a no-nonsense, super-quick, really popular recipe that reheats particularly well.
- 2 12 oz packages mild Italian chicken sausage, sliced into 1 in rounds (I used the Kirkwood kind from Aldi)
- 150g or one medium onion, diced
- 20g or two medium garlic, minced
- 300g or two medium bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 500g or two large tomatoes, large diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- shredded parmesan (totally optional)
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, seasoning, and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- When onions begin to become translucent (about 5 mins), add sliced sausages and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook until peppers are tender (about 5 more mins).
- If desired, sprinkle w/ parm before serving.
- Why do we call it serving? I'm not serving anyone. *before EATING 😉
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Italian Sausage Skillet
Freezer Meal/Double Batch Option
This recipe also freezes well, so if you’re up for a little prep fun, buy enough for a double batch.
Chop veggies and sausage for both then add half to a gallon-sized freezer bag with the Italian seasoning (so, everything except the olive oil goes in the bag).
Squeeze out all the air and lay flat in your freezer.
Label w/ the directions “Thaw, sauté with 2 tbsp olive oil, top with parmesan.”
Then you’ll prepare the other half as stated on the recipe.
You’ll have a quick dinner for now and a quicker one for later.
**High five, you meal prep boss!**
Vegetarian: It just ends up as Italian veggies, but they’re delish, so skip the sausage and make it happen.
Gluten Free: Be sure to pick up GF sausage (most should be) and you’re golden, babe.
This Italian Sausage Skillet recipe is featured in our Meal Plans Volume 1. We have a free week available.
Take a week off from planning and let me do the work for you! Get your free week below!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!