What do you call a recipe that’s easy to prepare, stuffed with tons of veggies, and is so delicious your family will ask for it to be in the regular rotation? Cheesy Taco Skillet! This one is a crowd pleaser, amazing for meal prep because it actually gets better the next day, and super simple. You’re going to love it!
- 2 1/4 lbs lean ground beef (93/7 or 90/10 drained)
- 150g or 1/2 large onion, diced
- 350g or 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 500g or 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or make your own with our recipe here)
- 4 C fresh kale, loosely packed
- (optional) 1/2 tsp or to taste cumin (I get pretty heavy-handed with this)
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheese (Mexican blend if possible)
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, and drain excess fat. (you may have done this on prep day - bravo!)
- Add onions, peppers, and zucchini and cook until desired tenderness. (I did 10ish minutes)
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Add kale, and let fully wilt.
- Mix well, and add additional cumin if desired - come on, be bold!
- Cover with cheese, and let cheese melt.
- Guys, this is even BETTER the next day - I recommend you make this for your lunches 🙂
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Cheesy Taco Skillet
Vegetarian: If you’re looking for a great way to make your veggies into a delicious, Mexican, cheesy dish, this will be perfect without the beef.
Gluten Free: You should be safe with this one, just mind your taco seasoning or make your own.
This Cheesy Taco Skillet recipe is featured in our Meal Plans Volume 1. We have a free week available.
Take a week off from planning and let me do the work for you! Get your free week below!
If you’re ready for some serious help with meal planning, purchase our Meal Plan program and we’ll provide everything you need!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!