What do you call a recipe that’s easy to prepare, stuffed with tons of veggies, and is so delicious your family will ask for it to be in the regular rotation? Cheesy Taco Skillet!
This one is a crowd pleaser, amazing for meal prep because it actually gets better the next day, and super simple. You’re going to love it!
- 2 1/4 lbs lean ground beef (93/7 or 90/10 drained)
- 150g or 1/2 large onion, diced
- 350g or 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 500g or 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or make your own with our recipe here)
- 4 C fresh kale, loosely packed
- (optional) 1/2 tsp or to taste cumin (I get pretty heavy-handed with this)
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheese (Mexican blend if possible)
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, and drain excess fat. (you may have done this on prep day - bravo!)
- Add onions, peppers, and zucchini and cook until desired tenderness. (I did 10ish minutes)
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Add kale, and let fully wilt.
- Mix well, and add additional cumin if desired - come on, be bold!
- Cover with cheese, and let cheese melt.
- Guys, this is even BETTER the next day - I recommend you make this for your lunches 🙂
Vegetarian: If you're looking for a great way to make your veggies into a delicious, Mexican, cheesy dish, this will be perfect without the beef.
Gluten Free: You should be safe with this one, just mind your taco seasoning or make your own.
Dairy Free: It'll be a "Taco Skillet" but yes! Skip the cheese or sub for a non-dairy version.
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Cheesy Taco Skillet
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!