Shrimp (and maybe seafood in general) is an often overlooked hero in the macro world. It packs so.much.protein and virtually no carbs or fat. It cooks super quickly. And it’s mega delicious.
For all of those reasons, and maybe a dozen more, I think you’re going to be a fan of this Shrimp Skillet recipe.
It’s nothing fancy but it’s plenty satisfying. Get generous with those pepper flakes if you’re feeling brave. I’ve also been known to add a dash of cayenne to this one.
- 24 oz raw shrimp (if frozen, thaw overnight in fridge or in a water bath)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g or 1 large diced onion
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added preferred)
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp+ crushed red pepper flakes
- If frozen, thaw shrimp in refrigerator overnight, or if you forget, thaw it in the sink with cold water.
- Once thawed, toss with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, and saute shrimp until opaque. Remove with slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic, and saute until soft (5ish minutes). Then add chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and simmer for 10 min or so until it cooks down some.
- Add shrimp back in, and heat through.
- Serve this with zucchini noodles if you'd like - you won't be sorry! Just adjust macros accordingly
Modifications Vegetarian: Not today, dear. Gluten Free: Watch the chicken broth. That's the only place I can think that they would hide gluten. Also, always be mindful of spices. But this should be a safe bet for you. Dairy Free: Absolutely!
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Shrimp Skillet
This Shrimp Skillet recipe is featured in our Meal Plans Volume 1. We have a free week available.
Take a week off from planning and let me do the work for you! Get your free week below!
If you’re ready for some serious help with meal planning, purchase our Meal Plan program and we’ll provide everything you need! Grab 8 weeks of plans and shopping lists and almost 80 family-friendly, macro-hacked recipes for only $50!
Have a blast making this Shrimp Skillet recipe and be sure to share your creations with us by using the hashtag #getmacroed. We LOVE to see all the great things you all do with our recipes! Enjoy!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!