Making Asian food macro-friendly is almost too easy. It’s meat and veggies and some sauces. I have to get a little creative to maneuver around the sweet sauces sometimes, but on the whole, it’s a cake walk to macro-hack. We’ve done it with Chicken Teriyaki here and General Tso’s Chicken on the meal plan recently.
Making fried rice macro-friendly though? Now, that’s a different story. How do you macro-hack a grain-based side dish? You flip it to cauliflower, of course. 🙂 I’ve used this recipe twice in our meal plans because it’s soooo good AND tried it on my kids and non-macro muggles. 😉 It’s been a huge hit in every circumstance. And now that cauliflower rice is available in steamer bags, it’s about as quick and easy as they come.
I hope you’ll love it as much as we all have.
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower (or rice 4 cups of your own); Green Giant is my fave
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower w/ veggies (onions, peas, and carrots usually) (or rice 4 cups of your own and add mixed veggies); Green Giant here too
- 2 eggs (truth in advertising, I usually do 3 but macros are figured for 2 #meatheadproblems)
- 1-2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger (I use the squeezy stuff from the produce section)
- to taste red pepper flakes or sriracha (optional, to desired heat preference)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add all ingredients to skillet on high heat. (no need to thaw or heat riced cauliflower)
- Cook until veggies are warm and eggs are cooked through.
Gluten Free: Yep! Be careful with sauces, but you should be in the clear.
Dairy Free: Use olive or coconut oil in place of butter and you're good to go!
As always, if you make it as-is, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Cauliflower Fried Rice
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!