This is more strategy than recipe, but it’s super good and I think you’ll like it. Jeremy has talked about how some people do better if they wait until later in the day to start eating carbs. He’s one of them and so am I. If I wake up and have a donut, oatmeal, or cereal, I will be STARVING all day. It’s like once I start eating there’s no stopping me. The same is true if I start my morning with sugary coffee creamer. 🙁 But if I start with protein and fats, I’m less famished and more in control throughout the day. For this reason, most of my breakfasts are primarily meat/egg/and veggie based. I don’t do a lot of fruit. I try to stay away from too much sugar. If you’re the same way, this breakfast option will be especially good for you. It packs a lot of fat and some good protein in to begin your day without many carbs. These are quick and easy to make. You can make 2 or a dozen in nearly the same amount of time. They’re pretty stellar, if you ask me. So, please say “hey” to our avocado baked eggs.
- 1 ripe avocado (skin should be dark and soft to the touch...they'll taste terrible if you eat them green)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. shredded cheese
- 2 tsp crumbled bacon (I get the prepared stuff from the salad section)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit.
- Salt and pepper the inside.
- Place avocados cut side up in muffin tins to create a little nest for your avocado.
- Break the egg into the well left by the avocado pit. (if the pit was especially tiny, you may want to carve out a larger space for the egg...and some may still run over...you'll be glad it's in a muffin tin)
- Sprinkle each half with half the cheese and bacon. Salt & pepper again if you'd like. (they're especially good with a few red pepper flakes or sriracha)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes based upon how you like your eggs. (I prefer my whites done and yellows runny. 14 mins was perfect for that.)
- You can multiply this recipe and do up to 12 at a time without adjusting cook times or temps.
As always, if you use the recipe as-written, feel free to borrow my math in MFP: MacroEd Avocado Baked Eggs
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2 halves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 42gCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 20g
Kristy brought these to our attention from her fun Instagram post, so a big “thank you” to her for the inspiration!
Hope you enjoy these quick, easy Avocado Baked Eggs.
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!