Salmon, green beans, and tomatoes come together to create a complete, amazing meal prepped all at once inside a foil packet. Prep and cleanup are a cinch, and the taste is perfect. Put these Pesto Salmon Packets on your list for your next busy night.
Going to camp as a kid gave me a serious appreciation for everything you can cook in a “hobo pack” or foil packet. We would throw all sorts of random things (hamburger patties, carrots, potatoes, and butter is the combo most vividly in my mind) into a foil packet and throw it on a campfire over an old metal bed frame. #classy
I’m 100% sure we never got the packet back that we created, but we all got somebody’s and enjoyed dinner that we had made. Not helping much with the cooking at home, this was a big deal. I could COOK!
Now, as an adult, foil packet meals bring back fond members and make adult-me happy because prep and clean up are SO easy. Most of the time, the recipes are super simple in terms of taste and flavor combinations, but this Salmon Pesto Packet is an exception. It tastes and feels fancy even though you could’ve totally cooked it over a campfire on an old bed frame. 😉
You can make these in the oven as written, throw them on the grill, or make them during your next camping trip*. Whichever way you decide to go, I know you’re going to be a fan.
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 40 (approx 3/4 lb) fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 4 Tb pesto
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut four pieces of aluminum foil into 14-inch lengths. Boil green
- beans 3 minutes, then carefully drain.
- Toss green beans with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, divide into 4 servings and layer in center of
- each piece of foil. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Layer salmon over green beans and then spread 1
- Tbsp pesto over top. Drizzle 1 tsp lemon juice over each fillet. Toss tomatoes with remaining 1 tsp olive oil and season
- lightly with salt. Spread over each salmon fillet. Wrap sides of foil in and roll and crimp edge to seal, then wrap ends upward
- to seal (don't wrap too tightly you want the heat to be able to circulate well).
- Place side by side on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 20 - 28 minutes
- (cook time will vary depending on thickness of salmon and desired degree of doneness).
Vegetarian: This is a GREAT method of cooking veggies, so add extra veggies, remove the salmon, and keep the directions the same.
Gluten Free: Check the label on the pesto you purchase. If you can find GF pesto (most should be) then you're golden.
Dairy Free: Absolutely
If you made as-written, feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Pesto Salmon Packets
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 packet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 22gCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 36g
*If you want to skip boiling the green beans, just throw them in a foil packet (all together) and cook for 5 mins. Remove from heat and then follow directions as written.
That’s it! Easy peasy.
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!