When 1st Phorm comes out with a new product, I feel like an artist who was just handed a new paint color to play with!
Their debut of Lemon Meringue Phormula 1 was no different. I’ll be super honest and say that I don’t think my culinary skills or those of most of our members are up for real meringue…yet. So I thought sticking with a lemon protein cheesecake would be our best bet.
As always, the macro goddess Amber came through with a PERFECT use of this new Lemon Meringue protein powder in the most refreshing protein cheesecake yet. A high-protein, low-carb indulgent treat!
Check it out!
For the Cheesecake
- 2 - 8 ounce packages Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 2 – 5.3 ounce Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 Scoops Phormula 1 Lemon Meringue
- Dash of salt
For the Lemon Curd
- 2 – Fresh Lemons
- 2 Eggs Yolks
- 2 TBSP Butter melted
- 1 Scoop Phormula 1 Lemon Meringue
- ¼ Cup of Water (Optional)
For the Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Let the cream cheese, yogurt, & eggs come to room temperature
- Using a stand or handheld mixer cream the cream cheese until fluffy
- Add the yogurt, lemon extract, milk, eggs, & salt
- Continue mixing until fully blended or about 3 minutes
- Add the protein powder a little at a time
- Scrape down the sides and mix ix an additional 3 minutes until smooth and creamy (the longer the better)
- Pour into a greased 8X8 glass dish or a spring form cheesecake pan
- Bake at 300 for 25 minutes
- Turn the temperature down to 200 and bake an additional 30 minutes
- Cool on the counter for 30 – 60 minutes then cool in the refrigerator until fully set or overnight.
- Spread Lemon Curd evenly over cooled cheesecake.
- May also be topped with whipped cream.
- ***Avoid overbaking by not opening the oven too many times. The cheesecake is usually done when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. It will be soft in the center, but continue to set as it cools. ***
For the Lemon Curd
- While the cheesecake is baking, make your lemon curd.
- In a saucepan over low to medium low heat whisk together the zest of two lemons plus the juice with egg yolks, melted butter, & protein powder.
- Continue to whisk and cook over low heat until smooth.
- Let cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Let cool & add water to thin it if it becomes too thick to spread over cheesecake.
- **Directions call for spreading cooked curd on baked, cooled cheesecake, but you can also swirl cooked curd into the cheesecake before baking. It will have a little different texture than the spreadable lemon curd, but it will still have the same great flavor**
If you make it as-is, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Lemon Protein Cheesecake
It’s every bit as delicious as it is beautiful. I haven’t made it through an entire slice alone yet thanks to these adorable little thieves. 😉
Grab your 1st Phorm Lemon Meringue Phormula 1 here and score free shipping while helping our fearless leader Jeremy in the process. If you’re not ready to commit to one flavor for life, grab one of our Protein Party Packs here. You’ll get to try ALL of the 1st Phorm flavors AND score a limited-edition MacroEd Blender Bottle.
Be sure to share your creations on social media with the hashtag #getmacroed so we can see the great things you create!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!