Our Protein Waffles are some of the most loved, and most universal recipes we have. People use them for waffles, pancakes, as buns/biscuits for breakfast sandwiches, as frozen “eggo-style” waffles you can toast each morning when you’re ready to roll, etc. I’ve even seen a Protein Waffle Tiramisu. 🙂 It only makes sense for us to put our pumpkin magic to this recipe. Introducing…Pumpkin Protein Waffles.
The pumpkin actually improves the texture of the original waffle. Maybe all Protein Waffles should be Pumpkin Protein Waffles. 😉 You can also make these into delicious, pumpkiny pancakes by adding a little water to the batter and making like regular pancakes.
- 1 scoop 1st Phorm Cinnamon Cookie Batter Protein Powder (35g; use your favorite cinnamon or vanilla protein powder if you don't have 1st Phorm)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- Spray your waffle iron and plug it in to preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine protein, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and pumpkin. Mix until well-combined.
- Pour into waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron directions.
Feel free to use my math in MFP: MacroEd Pumpkin Waffle
Dairy Free: If you use a dairy free protein powder, yes.
Gluten Free: 1st Phorm Vanilla is gluten free, but Cinnamon Cookie Batter may not be (I don't see any gluten-y stuff but it's not marked GF either).
Grab gluten free baking powder.
Vegetarian: Got ya covered
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 30g
Need protein? Grab it here to help Jeremy and get free shipping: 1stphorm.com/msnutritionist
If you’re not ready to commit to one flavor for life, grab one of our Protein Grab Bags here. You’ll get to try 20 servings of various 1st Phorm flavors AND score a limited-edition MacroEd Blender Bottle.
Be sure to share your creations on social media with the hashtag #getmacroed so we can see the great things you create!
All the best,