So, protein fluff has been on my radar for a while, but there always seemed to be bogus ingredients that made it not work: artificial sweeteners, xanthan gum, etc. My standards for recipes I share with you are pretty high, so I never even attempted any of the ones with frankenfood ingredients. It’s just not what we do here. You can imagine my excitement then when I found a recipe that had three ingredients that I was VERY okay with: protein powder, berries, and milk. I couldn’t make it fast enough.
It turned out really well. I used chocolate Level-1 protein powder from 1st Phorm (order here for free shipping), frozen berries (they HAVE to be frozen for this to work…have to…deal breaker), and whole milk, but you could sub out other frozen fruits, protein flavors, and types of milk. I think it would even work with water. I will warn you that this is SUPER carby for something with the word “protein” in the title. Think of this as a treat. It packs a lot more protein than anything this sweet and delicious usually would, but it’s not low carb. At all. It would be IDEAL for a clean reefed or early weeks in the cycle.
All that said, it’s yours to try. I’m excited to hear what you think. Show me your protein fluff creations by using the hashtag #getmacroed on social media.
- 150g frozen berries (I got the ones without blackberries because I'm not wild about the seeds)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used chocolate Level 1 from 1st Phorm)
- 48-50g milk (the original recipe said to be super exact so I was)
- Dump everything in a blender. DO NOT DO THIS in a bullet-style blender. I used a Ninja.
- Pulse and use a spatula to push things down the side until it all starts mixing well.
- Once it starts blending well (not when the blade is spinning and everything is stuck to the sides), let it mix for 5 minutes. You'll watch it start to grow like a cool science experiment.
Feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Protein Fluff
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 full recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 26g
Gluten Free: MANY of the 1st Phorm flavors are gluten free. Check your label, but this should be safe for you.
Vegetarian: Yeah, buddy! This one is fair game.
Big thanks to Proteinology for the original recipe.
If you want in on our daily recipe emails throughout November, sign yourself up here.
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!