The juiciest chicken tenders you’ll ever make at home. No carby coating. No deep frying. All macro-friendly amazingness.
The secret to off-the-charts amazing chicken tenders is in the brine. I recognize that this recipe is one of the most redneck-sounding recipes we’ve ever put together.
Soak chicken in pickle juice?
Roll it in pork rinds?
But really. Seriously.
These are SO good that it’s hard to explain. It’ll be the weirdest recipe you’ll ever love. 😉
- 1c pickle juice
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 3 eggs
- 2Tb mayo
- 1tsp ground mustard powder
- 11/25 oz bags BBQ or spicy pork rinds
- 1/2c grated parmesan cheese
- Brine chicken in pickle juice at least 4 hours or up to 24.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix eggs, mayo, and ground mustard in shallow dish. Water down a bit if necessary (I didn't).
- Crush pork rinds in blender, food processor, or bullet.
- Mix pork rinds and parmesan cheese in a second shallow dish.
- Dip tenders in egg mixture then pork rinds, and place on foil lined, sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until juices run clear, flipping after 7 minutes.
- Hug Jamie Collins-Torres for this killer recipe.
Gluten Free: YES! Just keep an eye on the pork rinds.
Dairy Free: Skip the parmesan or go for a nut-based kind
MFP Listing: MacroEd Pork Rind Chicken Tenders
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!