Start your mornings with these delicious, hearty Morning Glory Muffins. This recipe is PACKED with fruits, veggies, and protein powder, making them ultra filling. Perfect for meal prep so breakfast is ready to grab and go for the week. You’re going to LOVE these!
Sweet mercy! I’ve made Morning Glory muffins like these before in my paleo life, but never worried about the macro makeup of them until recently, so I wanted to see if I could tweak them to make them macro-friendly AND awesome…and it worked! There have been plenty of “Test Kitchen Fails” over these past few weeks, but this one was a HUGE win. If I had a monthly meal plan, breakfast would rotate between Egg Cups, Protein Cheesecake, and these Morning Glory Muffins.
Also, this makes 15 muffins, which is great because you have more, but annoying because it won’t fit in one muffin tin. I don’t have a solution for that, but know that I think it’s annoying too. Lol.
If it’s time to restock your protein stash, order here for free shipping: 1stphorm.com/a/msnutritionist
Big thanks to The Roasted Root for the original recipe. http://www.theroastedroot.net/paleo-morning-glory-muffins/
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
- 100g carrots, grated
- 145g apple, grated (I used a Fuji)
- 145g overripe banana
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (the real stuff...not the HFCS stuff)
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated (I'm lazy and get mine in the tubes in the salad section)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla or cinnamon Level 1 or Phormula 1 from 1stPhorm (CTC, Cinnamon Cookie Batter, and all the Vanillas are great in this)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Smush the banana with a fork and add the rest of the wet ingredients (carrots, apple, eggs, syrup, ginger, vanilla).
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Add the protein powder and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon). Stir well.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Either line a muffin tin tray with cupcake liners or spray well with non-stick spray.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. They're done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool before you get after them or they'll stick badly to the cupcake liners.
You can add all.the.things to this base. My suggestions: raisins craisins unsweetened shredded coconut walnuts pecans crushed pineapple various flavors of protein powders
You can also make substitutions with in the base. Swap out the banana for mashed sweet potatoes or canned pumpkin.
Gluten Free: YES! Skip the ice cream sandwich flavored 1st Phorms and the rest are GF. Be sure you have GF baking powder.
Dairy Free: Find dairy free protein powder and it will be.
If you make these as-written, feel free to use my macro math on MFP. Search for MacroEd Morning Glory Muffins. But please feel free to tweak and add to your heart's content.
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!