The combination of artichokes, kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes is a winner in just about anything and when you add this greek dressing mixture, it’s amazing. I especially love it with these chicken thighs because they’re such a nice break from chicken breasts. It’s perfect for these higher fat allowances early in the program or you can sub it for chicken breasts as you get further along and your fat goals drop. Either way, I think you’ll be a fan of this Mediterranean Chicken. It’s one of my Top 10 favorites right now.
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (try to get at least 6 thighs if you can)
- 3 roma tomatoes (315g), sliced
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, at least quartered
- 100g onion, diced
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 50g sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- For Mediterranean Seasoning (this will make more than you need for this one recipe):
- 3 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and garlic.
- Once hot, add onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- When veggies are tender, add spinach and cook long enough to wilt.
- Place chicken thighs in a greased casserole dish (I used a Pyrex w/ a lid).
- In a separate bowl, mix dry seasonings for the Mediterranean Spice Mix. Save the rest for later. I store mine in a small mason jar.
- Add 4 tbsp. of the Mediterranean Spice to 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar. Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Layer cooked veggies on top of chicken/vinaigrette mixture.
- Add artichokes, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes on top and sprinkle more Mediterranean Spice over the whole dish.
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Dish is finished when thighs are cooked through.
As always, if you make the recipe as-is and want to use my math on MFP, you can do so: MyMacroTools Mediterranean Chicken