Things I love: eating spaghetti squash
Things I hate: fearing for my life and limbs when I have to prep a spaghetti squash to cook
If you bake a squash, you have to cut it in half.
If you microwave a squash, you have to jab like a dozen holes in it.
Have you ever tried to do that? Spaghetti squash is basically the armadillo of the vegetable world. Those shells are HARD and the dang squash is OVAL. Getting a clean cut or pierce without losing a digit is about as likely as finding a magical unicorn. So, when I found out the hardest prep I had to do to cook a spaghetti squash in the InstantPot was to peel off the sticker, I threw up my hands and sang a little praise hymn.
Let me help you save your pretty little fingers too.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 C water
- Place water and trivet in pot, set squash on trivet.
- Close lid and set valve to seal.
- Set on manual high for 17 minutes.
- QR and check for doneness by pressing into squash (it should be soft) and/or using a fork to peel back some of the strands of squash. Be sure it's cooked to your preferences for how tender or al dente you'd like it.
- Once cooked remove, cut in half, remove seeds and guts.
- Shred squash with fork for spaghetti-like noodles.
- Serve as pasta substitution or as a side.
LOOK AT IT! The armadillo shell literally PEELS off, y’all! That’s magical.
If you like this recipe, we think you’ll LOVE the recipes in our FREE InstantPot 101 book! Sign up here and we’ll send it right over. You’ll be an IP Pro in no time!
Gluten Free: You betcha!
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Looking for an amazingly supportive community of weird macro-counters like yourself? Come on over.
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
You've Got Mail! Well, you will soon.
If you're confused about what a macro is + why it's important then you need our 7 day guide! We'll walk you through the specifics of this macro journey so you can know what MacroEd is all about!