Some recipes have great combinations of flavors you love. This one has all of them. Every Good Thing Spaghetti Squash is quick, easy, and full of all the most craveable flavors you love.
Bacon + maple syrup
Sweet + salty
Spinach + goat cheese
Chicken + bacon
All of these flavors come together to make Every Good Thing Spaghetti Squash.
You can prep the spaghetti squash in the microwave or the Instantpot. No matter how you do it, you’re going to LOVE this dish.
I like to make it on nights when I don’t have a ton of time but I still want something really delicious and savory. This meal is really filling and satisfying. It feels fancy and complicated but isn’t at all. It’s a good “treat yoself” kind of meal.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices of center cut bacon
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 10 oz bag of baby spinach
- 4 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
- FOR THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH - MICROWAVE
- With a sharp knife, carefully jab 12 wholes around squash. Microwave 12 minutes on high. Let sit 12 minutes and then slice in half, remove seeds and guts, and shred flesh with a fork.
- FOR THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH - INSTANT POT
- Place water and trivet in pot, set squash on trivet.
- Close lid and set valve to seal.
- Set on manual high for 17 minutes.
- QR and check for doneness by pressing into squash (it should be soft) and/or using a fork to peel back some of the strands of squash. Be sure it's cooked to your preferences for how tender or al dente you'd like it.
- Once cooked remove, cut in half, remove seeds and guts.
- Shred squash with fork for spaghetti-like noodles.
- Serve as pasta substitution or as a side.
- FOR THE RECIPE
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry 12 slices of bacon. KEEP the bacon grease. Set bacon aside on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to skillet with bacon grease. Cook chicken until pieces are cooked through. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, chop cooked bacon into small pieces.
- In the skillet, add red wine vinegar and scrape all bacon and chicken-y bits off the edges. Cook over medium heat for just a few seconds until it’s warm. Then add maple syrup and turn down to low.
- Add spinach and stir through until wilted. Add the chicken and bacon and stir to heat through.
- Top with goat cheese to serve.
Vegetarian: Skip the check and bacon and it can be
Dairy Free: Skip the goat cheese and you're golden
Gluten Free: Absolutely
MFP Listing: MacroEd Every Good Thing Squash
Be sure to show me your creations by using our hashtag #getmacroed. It makes my day to see my recipes in your kitchen and you never know when I might feature one of yours!
All the best,
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!
Get Access to the Hub!
Join over 5,000 others and subscribe to our newsletter. When you do we'll send you access to our library of resources - for FREE!