This meal is so simple, it hardly feels like a “recipe,” but it’s also one of the most delicious things I’ve eaten recently, so I definitely wanted to share.
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
Chicken parmesan is known for the marinara sauce, chicken, and crunchy parmesan topping. I took the beloved recipe and tweaked it, to make it fabulously low carb, high fiber, and high protein.
This recipe makes 1 serving. Feel free to multiply it if you are making it for more people.
How to Make The Best Zucchini Noodles
I prefer to use a spiralizer like the Veggetti. It is very simple, just put it on the zucchini and turn the handle. Of course, if you are pressed for time, you can buy the frozen zucchini noodles.
When you make your noodles, make sure and pat it down with a paper towel first. These have a lot of water in them and can turn out soggy if you don’t pat it down first.
- 150g spiralized zucchini (if you don’t have a spiral slicer yet, get this one! I bought another brand and returned it because it didn’t stay suctioned to the counter. This one has been flawless.)
- 165g boneless, skinless chicken breast (I batched cooked these on Sunday to use in recipes through the week. If you don’t have a prep strategy you like for chicken in bulk, try this one
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c spaghetti sauce (I used Sam’s Club Roasted Garlic & Tomato…use whatever makes you happy)
1/2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Add butter and garlic to skillet.
- Once melted, add zucchini noodles and cooked chicken (just to reheat).
- When zoodles are tender, add sauce to heat.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
This makes one serving and probably a five minute time commitment if you spiralize noodles at the start of the week and have your chicken ready to roll.
You can adjust the amount of chicken (or noodles or sauce) to hit your macro goals. The recipe as is comes out to: 283 calories, 10c, 12f, 36p. Can’t be sad about that. 🙂
More Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
This is going to be a favorite one – even your family will love it. Here are some more low-carb dinner ideas.