Y’all! These! You need THESE! They’re small, portable, delicious ways to get a ton of protein into your day. You can feed them to people who don’t even know what a macro is and they’ll still love them. They’re excellent. I’m totally making them for my next tailgate (if I can stand to share them). I present to you: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (listen to me, you want the cheap powdery stuff, not the nice shredded stuff...I promise)
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle buffalo sauce of your choice (I prefer Franks Wing Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except hot sauce in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more so that flavors meld & the mixture will be easier to form into balls.
- With your hands, a small cookie scoop, or spoons equally divide the meat mixture & form into balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the balls & toss them gently in the buffalo sauce (use as much as you think you need)
- Put them back on the cookie sheet & cook them for an additional 3 minutes to set the sauce.
As always, feel free to use my math on MFP: MacroEd Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 30g
When I make these, I make a triple batch. They’re THAT good. Throw some blue cheese or ranch dressing of your choice & fresh celery sticks on the side and you’re ready to take them to a party.
As for how to make/cook the meatballs, there are TONS of options. They can be baked, steamed, sautéed, etc. Our friend Olivia over at MyKingCook.com has put together an amazingly thorough tutorial on ALL of the awesome ways to make your meatballs amazing and trouble-shooting for common meatball shortcomings. You can use our recipe in any of her different methods. Take a look: https://mykingcook.com/how-to-make-meatballs/
Big thanks to Amber for this too! She’s our all-star in the test kitchen these days.
Share your creations with us using #getmacroed.
Where will you take these? Who will you share them with?
All the best,
Looking for more recipes like these? Check out our online recipe book!
New to macros in general? Take our free 7-day ecourse. We’ll teach you all about em!
Have other questions? Drop us a line! hello at getmacroed dot com
And, as you may have heard, I’ve gone crazy and agreed to publish 1 recipe every day during the month of November. If you want to be sure you don’t miss any, just sign up here and I’ll send them your way each day.
Affiliate links keep the lights on around here. By purchasing through some links, you’ll help MacroEd at no additional cost to you. *High five* and thank you for helping us out!